LSSU Mission Statement
Our mission at Lake Superior State University is to help students develop their full potential. We launch students on paths to rewarding careers and productive, satisfying lives. We serve the regional, state, national and global communities by contributing to the growth, dissemination, and application of knowledge.
LSSU Vision Statement
Our programs grow and evolve in ways that keep our graduates at the cutting edge of technological and societal advances. As such, we will be viewed by our constituents as:
- The preferred regional choice for students who seek a quality education which provides a competitive edge in an evolving job market.
- An institution where relevant concepts are taught by quality faculty, and are paired with practical real-world experience to provide a well-rounded education.
- An institution which capitalizes on its location to instill graduates with an understanding of environmental issues and an overarching desire to be responsible stewards of the environment.
- A University that is highly student centered and empowers all students to realize their highest individual potential.
LSSU Values Statement
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning. Teaching is our first priority and focuses on providing student/faculty interaction, learning, and research in current, relevant programs.
- Opportunity. Students have a wide range of opportunities to grow academically, professionally, culturally and socially. Opportunities are provided via work-study assignments, student organizations, internships, community outreach and leadership.
- Diversity. Students experience a campus community environment which is inclusive and welcoming.
- Ethics and Values. The University promotes an environment which values honesty, openness, and courteous behavior where everyone is treated with respect.
- Stewardship. LSSU provides a framework in which to leave the university and region financially and environmentally sound for future generations of LSSU students, alumni, and friends.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, November 11, 2011